Friday was the day Jesus suffered before the kangaroo courts of the then hypocritical Jewish religious leaders and the Romans. He went through six courts and five trials. None wanting responsibility for convicting Him.
Being fasley accused, He knew this was His moment, when all of eternity was watching & waiting.
In the end He took the cross for you & I, for our friends & family, for those we’ll never know or see.
On that day, while hanging from the piece of wood all of the sins & wickedness of mankind, was laid upon Him.
He suffered for our transgressions, He was wounded for our iniquity. Why? Because He is the last blood sacrifice we’ll ever need, for without the shedding of blood there can be no remission of sin.
We read in Hebrews 10:7. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8. Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9. Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10. By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
He came for a reason, to reetablish a lost relationship. His death was necessary, He chose to be that final sacrifice. With His blood we are forgiven & sanctified. Only through Him, Jesus, can we ever hope to see the Father.
We read in Luke 24:45. Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
46. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
This is why.