8. A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth.
9. He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
10. A reproof entereth more into a wise man than an hundred stripes into a fool.
11. An evil man seeketh only rebellion: therefore a cruel messenger shall be sent against him.
12. Let a bear robbed of her whelps meet a man, rather than a fool in his folly.
13. Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.
14. The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before it be meddled with.