8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
9. As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
11. These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
In verse 10 we read “If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love…” & in verse 12 we read “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.” The example is written in verse 13, ” Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. “
We are told to abide in the love of the Savior, how? By keeping His commandment of loving one another.
Loving others as Christ loved us doesn’t save a soul because salvation isn’t earned. Loving others is an outward expression and reflection of that Love we have and experience in and through Christ. Loving others in Christ is how the world should see our lives, not engrossed in those paltry pleasures that draw the faithful away from the Father.