3. If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;
4. Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
5. And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.
6. And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.
7. And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.
8. And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.
9. For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
10. And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.
11. And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.
12. And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.
Although these national blessings are specifically for Israel, I think its safe to say the blessings would be applicable to any nation that openly serves GOD.
GOD exists outside of time as we finite humans understand time. HE exist in time, every moment for GOD is a now. When nations or people choose to sin, in GOD’s time its a now. The conceputalisation of HIS blessings on nations or individuals are based on what we see as foreknowledge, but those blessings are GOD’s now.
Does GOD know the future? Yes because to HIM past, present, & future are now. Nation’s as collective humans and we as individuals live in our now, we all decide to chose right or wrong, good or evil, love or hate. GOD isn’t a puppetmaster pulling the strings, HE may set things in motion by urgings or dreams or insight. HE may guide us with that still small voice in our heart and mind, but HE is always there, watching and experiencing our life with us, not in a pantheistic sort in that HE exist in all things, but as an observer. Our day, our future, our past are all HIS now.
The blessings listed above are those future nows the Father gives to those nations who revere HIM. First applicable to Israel, now applicable to those nations who serve or believe in the Son.
Looking at the world in our day it’s easy to say GOD is judging nations because of their sins as a collective. What most forget or haven’t been taught to discuss by secular government education is problems of wars, disasters, plagues, corruption, etc has existed in every nation throughout history. No nation or people are immune to the vicissitudes of man or nature. All things change in our concept of time. The one thing that doesn’t change is GOD. All of our time, all of our decisions are in HIS now. HIS love for us hasn’t changed nor has HIS anger towards sin.
Wars happen because of our decisions, disasters because of nature corrupted by sin; hate & anger, bitterness & malice, pride & conceit, murder, theft, & lies, all arise and come forth from us, from our heart.
If nations or collective groups of peoples desire the blessings listed above, those same peoples need to look into their own hearts and to repent or turn away from wickedness.
My prayer, for those collectives, is that the Spirit would convict them of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment, leading those collectives to repentence and salvation so while here on this earth, those blessings listed above could be experienced in our now. Otherwise those blessings will remain letters in a book.