1st John 5
1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
6. This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1. Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2. Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3. For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4. But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5. For every man shall bear his own burden
When we see a brother or sister of faith we, in a spirit of meekness are told it’s our responsibility to correct and/or restore that person to faith. Not out of arrogance thinking we are better than they, but with meekness and I would say, out of love for the brethren. We are to help bear those burdens whichever they are, those we can. Yet we are also told everyone will bear their own burden.
Everyone is responsible for their own decisions, whether good or bad the responsibility lies within the life of the one deciding. Sometimes persons are willing to accept our help, sometimes they decide against the offer.
Whichever it is, we should be ready to help our brethren return home to the faith.
If we do happen to think that we are something when we aren’t then we deceive ourselves. Someone may have taken some psychology courses and think they’re another Freud when infact that person would do more damage by speaking than not.
So be willing to help, but consider yourself first.