4. They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
5. Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.
6. Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
1st Timothy 1
3. As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
4. Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
5. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
6. From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
7. Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
Learn more at http://www.OpenDoorsUSA.org/PrayerApp
Open Doors asks for your prayers as Brunei intensifies their requirements to obey Sharia Law—Islamic regulations that govern Muslim conduct. They are introducing what is called “penal law,” which their Sultan warns will dispense strict punishments.
The first phase of the Penal Code, implemented in 2014, mandated jail terms and fines for failure to attend Friday prayers, “indecent behavior,” and other offenses. Unfortunately, we have recently learned that a second phase of the Penal Code is planned to launch on April 3rd.
“Pending provisions in Brunei’s Penal Code would allow stoning and amputation as punishments – including for children, to name only their most heinous aspects,” said Rachel Chhoa-Howard, Brunei Researcher at Amnesty International.
This code could further endanger Christians in Brunei, as the country already considers it illegal to share Christ with others or to convert away from Islam.
Please pray for the people of Brunei, including Christians, who will be subjected to this law.
Pray for the church to be both wise and bold in living out their Christian faith. Ask God to be present with them and to give them discernment for how to minister to their communities despite these increasingly fearful conditions.
Pray for the Sultan, especially that he would come to know Christ—he has the power to reverse the Penal Code and return Brunei to its former position.
*Representative names and photos are sometimes used to protect identity.
1. Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
2. For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
3. O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.
4. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.
5. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
‘Sex Is More Like a Label’: New Jersey Latest State to Introduce Gender-Neutral Birth Certificates https://christianjournal.net/news/sex-like-label-new-jersey-latest-state-introduce-gender-neutral-birth-certificates/
New Jersey has become the fourth state to introduce a “gender-neutral” option on birth certificates following the introduction of a new law which will go into force Friday.
VA Governor Supports Post-Birth Infanticide in Shocking Radio Interview
The Babs Siperstein Law, which derives its name from a New Jersey resident and the first transgender person to become a member of the Democratic National Committee, will allow residents to change their certificates to specify either “female, male, or undesignated/nonbinary.”
“Having a gender-neutral option will now give thousands of people in the state of New Jersey the power to self-identify,” said Amanda Babine, director of policy and programs at the New York Transgender Advocacy Group, as reported by NBC News. “We find this choice to determine their own identity leads to an increase in well-being for the individual and a push towards creating more inclusive communities.”
Read it here
NEWSER) – Attention anyone who navigates by compass, be they shipping companies, aircraft, or uber-serious hikers: North may not be where you think it is. The magnetic north, that is. Nature reports that the Earth’s northern magnetic pole has moved so quickly since the last update of an official guide known as the World Magnetic Model in 2015 that scientists are jumping in early to update it again instead of waiting until 2020. The move was supposed to happen on Tuesday, but it will now wait until Jan. 30 because of the government shutdown. It seems the pole, whose movement is notoriously difficult to predict, is speeding away from the Canadian Arctic on its way to Siberia much faster than scientists predicted three years ago.
story continues below
The upshot is that the difference between magnetic north—where a compass needle points—and geographic, or true, north is bigger than it should be, explains Live Science. Modern navigation systems use the World Magnetic Model to help adjust for the difference between magnetic and true north. The reason for the erratic movement is unclear, but it all has to do with the complex movements of liquid iron in the core of the planet. Not helping: Scientists detected “an unusually punchy geomagnetic pulse” beneath South America in 2016, and that pulse may be a factor in the anomaly, per IFL Science. Here is how one geomagnetist explains it to Nature: “The location of the north magnetic pole appears to be governed by two large-scale patches of magnetic field, one beneath Canada and one beneath Siberia. The Siberian patch is winning.” (Read more discoveries stories.)
You must be logged in to post a comment.