Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
1. And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach. 2. In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel. 3. And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem: 4. When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning. 5. And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence. 6. And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.
4. Let them be confounded and put to shame that seek after my soul: let them be turned back and brought to confusion that devise my hurt. 5. Let them be as chaff before the wind: and let the angel of the LORD chase them. 6. Let their way be dark and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them. 7. For without cause have they hid for me their net in a pit, which without cause they have digged for my soul. 8. Let destruction come upon him at unawares; and let his net that he hath hid catch himself: into that very destruction let him fall. 9. And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD: it shall rejoice in his salvation.
1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. 2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. 3. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 5. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? 6. This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
33. And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. 34. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 35. And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias. 36. And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down. 37. And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
If we are able to mentally visualize the crucifixion from the Gospel, here we can see there was a three hour span of darkness across the land. During the ninth hour or around 3pm give or take, we can read those words of the Lamb of God where it seems the Father forsaken His Son.
Biblical scholars more learned than I have written volumes on this one subject, I’ll not rehash their debates or differences but I’ll only give my opinion, regardless of how simple or Orthodox it may be.
At this ONE point during the crucifixion, all of the sins of mankind, past, present, and future were lain upon the sacrificial lamb of God, at this ONE point in time the Father turned away from His Son because of those sins of mankind which He, the Son, accepted punishment for. To my knowledge there is no point recorded in Sacred history where this happened.
The Father turned away, albeit for a short amount of time as we mortals recall time, nonetheless it was the only time the Father and Son were separated, if we could even call it that. This was something which had to be done to redeem mankind, so we who accept the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus, could become sons of God as if through adoption. To the Jew first and also to the Gentiles salvation and forgiveness came because of His love towards us.
It is recorded that after this Jesus said, “It is done.” All of history turns on these few events of the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lamb of God. Pre-history pointed forward this AD looks back towards it.
So…”It is done.”… accept Jesus as your Savior and learn what life is really about.
. For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3. If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4. For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 5. Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit. 6. Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7. (For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8. We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
After watching the week long tour of duty the IDF has been conducting against the heathen who have tossed some three thousand plus bathtubs at Israel, the accuracy of the Gazan rockets equate to throwing a bathtub. I was reading in Revelation 11, here I reread these ancient Scriptures ” 1. And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. 2. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.”
At some point in the near future the current edifice on the Temple Mount is going to be no more and the above mentioned version of the temple will be built…
I saw some reports about the edifice now there was on fire when in fact it was simply a tree nearby had caught fire, so some so-called prophecy bluffs were rejoicing thinking the Revelation 11 prophecy was close to fulfillment, nice to see reality slap them in the face again.
God’s timeline isn’t ours and Christians need to stop trying to put God in our glass, whether limiting Him or thinking we’re going to push His timeline into our own perspective of where it should be. This continous pushing of timelines and imminent violence or doom causes more harm than good because it nullifies the senses of reasonable minds and creates a deadening of a heart the Spirit may be able to reach.
Is prophecy being fulfilled, I think it is, but generally it’s recognized after the fact. Is God sending modern day folks to warn His people and the lost to repent? Without a doubt He is, has, and will continue doing so until the end.
The temple mentioned in chapter 11 is often referred to as a criteria for this and that to happen. Myself, it’ll happen in it’s own time. The next few verses speak of the two witnesses or two olive tree figures who’ll minister for a little over three years. Their ministry, lives, and deaths are recorded as events occurring around and by inference, during the time of the above mentioned temple rebuilding. First half or second half of the so called Tribulations, only the Father knows for sure, but suffice to say, these events, like all of Scripture is a guaranteed event likely to happen sooner than later.
So. Now echoing through the Scripture is the Spirit of God calling you or someone you know, His love as expressed and evidenced in the records of His Son Jesus, is calling. How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation!!! Salvation based on a simple fact, that we are sinners and in need of repentance, Jesus paid that price with His blood, as the figurative lamb of God, we are saved by His sacrifice on the cross and His resurrection. We are forgiven by His love, we are saved by His grace, all that is needed is for us to accept this gift of forgiveness and life and ask Jesus into our hearts, turning ( repenting ) from our sins or evil… and it’s done, we belong in God’s family. We are adopted children by faith/belief in the saving power of Jesus the Christ.
All else is secondary to our life with and in God. Loving God and loving our neighbors are the two criteria that’s proof of our changed heart. On these two records hangs all of the ancient laws and prophets. If anything or anyone disregards one or both of these two things they are liars and false in their testimony.
So whether the temple of chapter 11 arrives from the current events or at a later time, Praise the Lord God in Heaven. What we are seeing is only a prelude to what’s coming down the pike for believers.
1. O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth. 2. Sing unto the LORD, bless his name; shew forth his salvation from day to day. 3. Declare his glory among the heathen, his wonders among all people. 4. For the LORD is great, and greatly to be praised: he is to be feared above all gods. 5. For all the gods of the nations are idols: but the LORD made the heavens. 6. Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary. 7. Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength. 8. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts. 9. O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.
15. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, 16. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. 17. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. 18. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; 19. Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20. Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21. Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
Throughout history there have always been men & women who had an understanding of the times in which they lived. Those who understood the good & evil, those who refused to bow to wickedness and evil rulers. Those who understood their faith & the end results of their actions and words.
1st Chronicles 12:32. And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.
1st Kings 19:18. Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.
1st Peter 5:12. Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13. But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
From the Halls of the Faithful echoes Hebrews 11:32. And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets: 33. Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35. Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: 36. And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: 37. They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; 38. (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth. 39. And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: 40. God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
Reader, all of these examples are people who knew and had an understanding of the times in which they lived. Believing in a Living GOD they trusted HIS words & love, not blindly but because they saw the hand of the Divine moving in their lives and in the world around them. Some saw miracles others only had the message yet they believed.
In our day, in Western societies, most calling themselves believers, have little understanding of the times. Their minds & heart have become clouded with the current Zeitgeist or spirit of the age. This Zeitgeist is a huge vague nebulous blob of ideas and beliefs which can be molded into nearly any form.
Ephesians 2:1. And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
In the west today, it seems governments are trying to emulate the first Biblically recorded attempt at world governance. History doesn’t repeat itself, it echoes through the corridors of time.
The EU headquarters looks to be designed after what the tower of Babel was thought to look like. Yeah, I know, some believers follow the mainstream narrative and scoff at the mentioning of similarities, others claiming to be believers decry such ideas as conspiratorial and ignore them. In my opinion those who do so are listening to The Spirit of the Age, they’ve chosen their Zeitgeist.
Sin running rampant, wickedness flowing from every crevasse of societies, corruptions of morals & norms both inside & out of the Chuches, with Scripture being delegated to mythological status. The world in which we are living is turning darker by the hour. Ignoring those proverbial signs is going to lead believers into more treacherous times.
Knowledge doesn’t equate to worries, stressors exist everywhere in our lives. Knowing something doesn’t mean you have to get stressed about what it is you know. As believers we read in 1st John 4:17. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 18. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 19. We love him, because he first loved us. We as believers should have this understanding; that because we have this perfect love already inside of us, that perfect love is the Spirit of God which we received from Jesus the Christ. This world’s Zeitgeist brings with it fear & torment, but the Spirit within us is saying no to fear.
In our lifetime to have an understanding of the times is necessary now more than ever. As believers we need reach out to those around us, those in our circle of influence and lovingly share the Gospel or good news with them. We need to pray the Holy Spirit of GOD will convict them of sin, of righteousness, & of judgment, as we read in John 16:7. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9. Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10. Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11. Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. We as believers need to seek that wisdom from above, humbling ourselves daily before our Savior and prayerfully asking for guidance. As stated in James 4:8. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 10. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Sharing with others the simplicity of the Gospel and planting seeds of real love & repentance in their hearts & minds is beyond value, as stated in 2nd Corinthians 1:12. For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward. Knowing that time is short believers need to turn away from this worlds Zeitgeist and turn their hearts toward Jesus. Today is the day of salvation, none of us have a guarantee for a tomorrow nor do those around us.
Please do not ignore the signs around you. Aside from sin and wickedness the world governments and elites are reeling from their own hubris. Economic collapse stands at our doorsteps, inflationary signs are everywhere to be seen, earthquakes are increasing around the world, nations are preparing for war, Christians and other religious groups being persecuted & killed.
Yes all of these outward signs have always existed in their own various shades & colors, but never before has all of these events been able to affect so many on a global scale at a single point in time.
Here is a decent article on Ways to Survive an economic collapse, I would highly recommend reading it.
If you do a search for survival or prepping you’ll find an abundance of resources. There will be those who will say I’m not going to worry, God will provide. Those people are partially correct, God is providing, HE is providing you with the opportunity to prepare both spiritually and physically for what’s coming. To ignore the warning signs is like this:
So people wake up, see and know, having an understanding of the times.
Standing on the eve of a new world, one where sin & wickedness will become mainstream unlike anything we’ve known before, with war & death looming over the horizon, economic collapse & hunger along with desolation of societal norms, the immediate future of this age or epoch of humanity seems to be reaching its endtime scenario.
I predicate these ideas on not only scripture but mainline news articles. Not stories from the fake news but from those sources the MSM ignores, sources which can be verified from various other sources. Examples such as the nations around the world are prepping for war & economic collapse. Ideas such as the Great Reset being touted as the solution to all that ails the world.
Christian persecution growing exponentially around the world, the religious cultism of Wokeism spreading its tentacles into every aspect of our lives, the lists could go on with Islamic violence, corruption across all levels of western societies, sin & wickedness rolling across the landscape like a darkening fog, clouding all lying within it.
Seeing, we need to see with the Spirit, we need to ask the Father to help us to see the world we are now facing. Some will say “..I’m not going to worry, God will provide..”… Indeed, DON’T worry, but understand when GOD is providing. HE warns us across the ages through Scriptures to prepare both spiritually and physically for wicked times, meaning more than just praying.
Ezekiel 38:7 “Be prepared, and prepare yourself, you and all your companies that are assembled about you, and be a guard for them.
Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.
1 Peter 1:13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Ezekiel 12:3 Therefore, son of man, prepare for yourself baggage for exile and go into exile by day in their sight; even go into exile from your place to another place in their sight. Perhaps they will understand though they are a rebellious house.
Preparing for our physical needs can be nearly as important as preparing for our spiritual needs. As evil continues to engulf our world please seriously consider that this new reality isn’t going to be conducive to the old views of faith & church. Persecution is coming to a neighborhood near you. War & desolation looms on the horizon, people of faith need to prepare with food storage, having plans in place to evacuate or bug out if necessary, have plans to be able to worship in private locations, and on & on. Jesus warned us about coming persecution, He never told us to voluntarily lay our head on the block and wait for evil to lop it off.
We are told to endure:
Matthew 24;12. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Mark 13:13. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Enduring in both soul & body, how are you going to be able to reach out to someone with the Good News of Jesus if you’re dead? Yes you may be with the Lord but there may have been that one person left that only you could have reached out to with God’s plan of salvation before that unsaved person dies. We need to prepare out heart, our mind, our body, and spirit for the days coming, if we don’t & miss those times when our Savior is pointing out preps then we’ll be at a loss when we are faced with evil times.
13. Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 15. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16. Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17. Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.