Just got the yea on my new bathtub toy, yeehaw!!!
Been on & off the water for 36 yrs, and this is boat #5.
Westsails have a history, instead of bantering on, here is a site with relatively decent information about bluewater boats & the Westsail 32
So how could a Christian fit into a seagoing lifestyle? Well, for one, within the sailing community there seems to be a lowerish amount of professing Christians.
Many understand the beauty of nature and have respect for it, God’s creation. Many understand the awesome power of wind & sea but few seem to profess a belief in God let alone acknowledging the name of Jesus. So my thoughts are it would be a nice position to start a ministry, Lord willing. The Lord did pick some fishermen as disciples & friends, Peter, James, & John lived & worked on the water.
Poem I found online.
A life on the ocean wave,
A home on the rolling deep,
Where the scattered waters rave,
And the winds their revels keep!
Like an eagle caged,
I pine On this dull,
Oh! give me the flashing brine,
The spray and the tempest’s roar!
2. And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased.
3. And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.
4. And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh.
5. When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?
6. And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.
7. Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little.
8. One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, saith unto him,
9. There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?
10. And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand.
11. And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
12. When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
13. Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.